Monday, December 21, 2009

Final pre-punch note

I honestly could go on forever about this show and still feel like I have more to say. Anyhow I promise this is my last non-punch related posting.

I can’t see how some of these characters don’t find their way into a spin-off. Not sure which direction they will take; but I’m pretty sure some of these folks will live on in pop culture for longer than this current MTV run. By the way I read that both Paulie D. and Jwoww said they would pose nude. One step closer to the sextape I predicted in one of our first posts.

I can’t believe I didn’t think of the parallel between Ronnie and the CJ incident. It really is very similar. On the same topic how much better is Jersey Shore than real world Cancun.

Anyhow yes the collateral damage to all of these women lured back to the house for some hot tubbing is something to take note of. That girl will be heckled and called “the grenade” for the months. It reminds me of RealWorld Brooklyn when the cast went out to a bar and the transgender he/she hooked up with some unsuspecting guy. Imagine being that guy’s friend. You get back to college after summer break and this jack ass is bragging up and down the line about how he hooked up with someone from the Real World cast and how he is gonna be on TV. Then sure enough the season starts and they introduce his hook up as a tranny, he freezes up. He tries to play it down and doesn’t mention which chick he hooked up with. Suddenly the episode hits the air and for the rest of his college career he is known as the guy who made out with the she-male on TV. Game over. Time to transfer schools and find a whole new group of friends.

I have to think that for a lot of these girls they are experiencing something similar. Prior to the first episode they bragged about how cool they were for hooking up with one of the Jersey Shore cast, yet as the show has picked up steam they are really wishing that they:
A.) didn’t hook up with these guys and
B.) didn’t hook up with these guys on camera, and
C.) didn’t tell anyone about the show

Just great stuff.

Anyhow final note before we switch to the punch. How about Snookie’s dancing? It really has to be noted how funny it is to watch an orange oompa lumpa do cartwheels in a thong in the middle of a club. Also, there has to be plenty of outtake of her falling on her head. I need those outtakes.

Alright Robbie. Kick us off on the Snookie Punch discussion. A few avenues of discussion for you to react to:

Prior to the punch, the offending group of guys were identified as troublemakers. My question is this- how much of a tornado do you have to be such that this collection of meatheads recognizes you as a problem.

On that same note. What kind of guts does it take to simply steal another person's shots at a bar. That is truly ballsy.

Final question. If the bouncers/cops weren’t right on top of the incident, how badly beaten do you think this guy would have gotten. I’m thinking Brock Lesner Frank Mir type of beating right. Or does this go as far as Ed Norton in fight club, “I wanted to destroy something beautiful.”

No comments:

Post a Comment