Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Snookie Punch reply

I agree with a lot of what you got here. In fact I think you hit some things dead on. But when your wrong, I’ll tell you your wrong; and in one area you are officially wrong. It is not now, nor will it ever be referred to as “the punch.”

I think I caught note of it and mentioned that the phrase “snookie punch” was getting buzz as far back as the season opener. To further add to my argument I pulled up google search trends and “snookie punch” was number 5 overall the week of the episode. I agree that this will be the most talked about punch until Pacquiao dislocates Mayweathers’s shoulder in March. (Who am I kidding, even the Pac-man can not top a troll getting knocked out by a guido.)

Regardless, this punch has a first name and it should henceforth be referred to as- Snookie Punch.

With that discussion behind us, I will note that you did a great job of breaking down the scene which lead to Snookie Punch. This was definitely an off night and that typically can lead to a crowd of drunks and locals. It reminds me of going to one of those late in the season Giants games from the bad 2003-2004 seasons. It was cold and crappy. Everyone in the stadium was drinking too much and the only people who were there at the end of the game were Giant die hards and opposing fans. Fights kick-off real easy in situations like that. I picture a miserable rainy Tuesday night in a depressing boardwalk bar having a similar poweder keg like issue.

Another tip of the cap goes to you for bring up Sean’s rockstar performance down at the Surf Club. Yes, I stand corrected that with enough alcohol it is entirely feasible that a somewhat normal individual might steal drinks that are purchased by another person.

It did look like the guys friends will get a talking too by Ronnie and some of the fellas but my guess is that those lovely MTV editors will make us forget that there is likely a huge time lag between actual Snookie Punch and post-Snookie Punch confrontation. I have to imagine that the cops intervened, spoke to everyone, and tried to get some understanding of the story. All of that takes time. This is not to say that these guys still won’t be fired up, but I imagine that their rage comes back to normal levels as opposed to what might have occurred if there were no police involvement.

I’m just so curious to hear more from everyone about this. They could literally make a one hour episode where every cast member told the story from their perspective. First of all the drama of each person trying to interject their personal shock and opinion on the story would be high comedy; secondly the differences, gaps, and overlap in their stories would bring this event to life almost Zapruder film-like and put it in the proper historical perspective. (Yes, I am aware that I just compared Snookie Punch to the Kennedy Assassination.)

Until we get recaps and reaction in our next episode (which won’t be until 12/31); we can spend some discussing the fate of the Snookie Puncher. Poor Brad Ferro. He is/was a teacher in Queens and apparently apologized to Snookie. But my guess is that doesn’t get him his job back? Thoughts? Also are you aware that there is a video of him out there doing a little bit of cage fighting? Not good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment